Friday, September 17, 2021
Beignet Fest Adapts to ‘Beignet Fest in Place’
Organizers ask would-be fest goers to support food vendors and the charitable mission of the Tres Doux Foundation
WHAT: Beignet Fest is teaming up with food vendors that were slated to participate at this year’s festival to showcase a wide variety of highly-anticipated beignet dishes. The dishes will be available to purchase at vendor locations across the city as an alternative to the annual festival, which was cancelled due to the COVID-19 surge in the community.
Organizers of Beignet Fest are asking would-be festival goers to ‘fest in place’ this year and enjoy the signature beignet dishes at participating food vendors on September 25, in addition to donating what they would have paid for an admission ticket to the Tres Doux Foundation, the charitable arm of Beignet Fest. Participating food vendors include:
– The Vintage New Orleans (3121 Magazine St.) serving Matcha Beignets, Cinnamon Beignet Bites and Crawfish Beignet Bites
– The Vintage Baton Rouge (333 Laurel St., Baton Rouge) serving Matcha Beignets, Cinnamon Beignet Bites and Crawfish Beignet Bites
– Loretta’s Authentic Pralines (1100 N Peters, Stall #9 in the French Market) serving Traditional Beignets, Praline Beignets, Chocolate Beignets, Crawfish Beignets, Burger Beignet and PB&J Beignet
– Ruby Slipper Café (200 Magazine St., 204 Decatur St., 2001 Burgundy St., 2802 Magazine St., 315 S Broad St., 2700 Metairie Rd.) serving Cochon Beignets and Pumpkin Praline Beignets
– Howlin’ Wolf Den (907 S Peters St.) serving Bacon Cheddar Beignets with Chipotle Crema
– Luca Eats (7329 Cohn St.) serving Oreo Beignets
WHEN: Saturday, September 25, 2021
Hours will vary by food vendor location.
WHO: Beignet Fest and Tres Doux Foundation
HOW: Visitors and locals alike are encouraged to make the rounds to try different beignet dishes and to make a donation to the Tres Doux Foundation. For ongoing information and updates about Beignet Fest in Place, fans can connect with Beignet Fest on Facebook and Instagram (@BeignetFest) (#BeignetFest).
About Beignet Fest: Beignet Fest celebrates New Orleans’s most iconic dessert: the beignet. From traditional sweet treats to savory delicacies that feature seafood, cheese and more, Beignet Fest serves up the best beignets in the South all in one place on one day. Proceeds from Beignet Fest benefit the Tres Doux Foundation, which helps support autism programs for children and their families.
About Tres Doux Foundation: The mission of the Tres Doux Foundation is to celebrate, embrace and enhance the lives of children with developmental delays and disabilities by presenting them as whole beings, and to support organizations that do the same.Back to All News Back to News & Events